5 House Painting Hacks to Make Your
DIY Project Easier
We recently came across this YouTube video with some ingenious ideas to make painting a room a whole lot easier for DIY’ers. There are 5 House Painting Hacks featured in this video as follows:
- Use a lint roller to eliminate the little fluffies that come off paint rollers before you start painting. Also, we’ve found that the more expensive paint rollers make a difference. You get what you pay for as with anything.
- Line your paint tray with aluminium foil to make clean up easier. You can also purchase tray liners at your local paint store or hardware store. They are pretty cheap. We’ve never tried the aluminium foil trick so, you might find that depending on the paint you use, it might react to the aluminium foil. Try the cheap tray liners instead.
- Apply petroleum jelly to cupboard and door hinges to make clean up easier. This is a great tip but we’ve also found that just using a damp rag to wipe up the little accidents on hinges as they happen to be just as effective, especially with latex paint.
- Place a rubber band around the can of paint to take off excess paint from a brush. We’ve never tried this and it’s a great tip except that it might cause spray because of the elasticity of the rubber band. And, you may not have a large enough rubber band in the house so it’s probably easier just to use the edge of the can to wipe the excess paint from your brush.
- Tear of painter’s tape at an angle to ensure a cleaner edge. This is true and a technique we use also although many DIY house painters use too much painter’s tape and cause themselves way too much hassle with applying the tape and then getting leaks underneath it for example when it is often easier to use the damp rag tick mentioned above in number 3.
Watch the video below:
If you’re not a DIY’er then you will probably want to contact a professional painter for help. Contact Kitchener Waterloo Painters for a free estimate on your project at 519-635-0253.