Inexpensive Ways to Stage Your Home for Sale
If you are planning to sell your home and want to maximize the money you earn from the sale, one of the best ways is to stage your home. However, many people worry that this service might be out of their budget so below are some inexpensive ways that you can stage your home for a quicker, more profitable sale. The point of home staging is so that your home appeals to the largest number of buyers therefore ensuring a quick sale.
Watch the video below or here are the top 7 tips laid out for you to read:
- De-clutter and Organize. You are going to need to do this anyway if you are planning a move and will likely not want to pack and bring all of your stuff with you so why not start getting rid of stuff now. The easy way to do this is to get three large storage bins or corrugated boxes and label the first one “garbage”, the second one “keep” and the third one “donate”. Then, you can bring the boxes to each of your room and begin de-cluttering and organizing fairly quickly.
- Start packing. The goal is to pack up at least 30 percent of your belongings and put them in storage or in the garage out of the way. Pack up seasonal items that you won’t need for a while including clothing and decorations as well as personal items such as nic-nacs and framed photographs.
- Deep clean everything. Wash walls, ceilings, baseboards, dust wood furniture, scrub bathtubs, grout, cupboards, window frames, etc and remember to move furniture out to get at the dust bunnies hiding under there. Also, rent a power washer and wash up the exterior of your home.
- Take care of all small repairs. Maybe you have some burnt out lightbulbs or missing cupboard handles that you haven’t taken the time to repair. Now is the time to take care of these repairs.
- Paint your home a neutral colour. You might like bold colours in your home but they might not be appealing to potential buyers. The best paint colours to use for a quick sale of your home are pale neutral colours. They will make your home look cleaner and the rooms look larger.
- Rearrange furniture. Put some of your excess furniture in storage and move your remaining furniture around to open up the space and highlight the focal point of each room. For example, if you have a fireplace in your living room, that is definitely your focal point of the room. Make sure that there are no furniture pieces blocking it.
- Spruce up your curb appeal. If the season permits and you have paint pealing from the front door, garage and shutters, make sure you re-paint them and consider planting some flowers and placing some potted plants outside to make your home look more inviting. Even placing an attractive welcome mat at the front door can make a difference. Make sure that you’ve de-cluttered the outside as well and placed bicycles and toys in the garage or storage shed.
Watch this helpful video if you prefer:
If you are looking for help with painting your home for home staging in Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge or Guelph, contact Kitchener Waterloo Painters for a free estimate at 519-635-0253.